Do you care for a person with a dementia, or do you yourself have memory concerns or dementia? We’re here to help, and our new Rutland Admiral Nurse Service can support you and your family/support network through your journey.
The Rutland Admiral Nurse Service is a new service that has been developed in partnership with Rutland County Council and Dementia UK
What does the service provide?
The service will be available to people living in Rutland who have dementia, and their carers, family members and friends.
The service will:
- Work with family carers as their prime focus
- Provide practical advice, emotional support, information and skills
- Promote best practice in person centered dementia care
- Provide supportive education to professionals working with people with dementia
- One to one emotional support for carers
- Carer training workshops (4 week programme)
What is an Admiral Nurse?
Admiral Nurses are specialist dementia nurses who give much-needed practical and emotional support to family carers, as well as the person with dementia. Admiral Nurses can support you and your family throughout your experience of dementia, tailoring the support to your individual needs and challenges. You will be given the knowledge you need to understand the condition and its effects, the skills and tools to improve communication, and provided with emotional and psychological support to help you carry on your caring role.
How do I access the service?
You can self-refer to the service or you can be referred by your GP or other supporting agencies.
Contact us today to find out how we can support you and your family.
Telephone: 01572 758341/07970345911
Email: [email protected]